Thursday, September 24, 2015

Blog 6 - Advisory Prep



1. What has worked well for you concerning senior project this year?  What has made it a positive experience for you?   

My mentorship and research has worked very well for me during this whole senior project process. My mentor really does help out when I need it and I feel like there is an abundance of research available for my whole "Restaurant Start up" topic. Especially because there's certain laws and restraints that a restaurant needs to follow before officially opening and I can write down and learn all about those. Ny mentor has also provided me with a significant amount of books that I can use for research checks which I am extremely grateful for.

2. What are you finding difficult concerning senior project?  How can you adapt to make that portion work better for you?  How might the senior team help?

As of now there aren't many problems regarding my senior project unless you count the possibility of changing my topic. One of my cousins is an environmental engineer and I was telling him about this whole project and apparently he recently got a job at a company he use to intern at and he could possibly mentor me. The only issue is that I'm not quite sure what I should officially call the topic and since engineering is actually something I consider doing in the future I'm afraid I'll get tired of it throughout the year. Even so it's a possibility. 

1 comment:

  1. I would argue that it is better for you to find out now if you'll get tired of it than midway through college! We all have moments where we question the studies/professions we've chosen, but you do want to generally always like the subject matter!

    ReplyDelete