Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Blog 4 - House Advisory Prep 1



  1. Write a short explanation of what you are hoping to accomplish through your senior project topic. 
    • I want to take my senior project topic and turn it in to something more than just a project. I want this to be a life experience, because after all this gives us the opportunity to explore something we find intriguing and then be able to decide if this is something we would like to work around even after graduation. So with that said my goal is to really get an in depth experience about the social, mental and physical amount of energy it takes to start up a business on your own. I mean with starting your own restaurant there are so many factors you have to consider and chances you have to take, and you don't always know whether or not your gonna come out successful. Ever since I got my first job as a waitress and I got to know the owner of the place I worked at I would often find myself talking to her about her business experience and the responsibilities to maintain a restaurant of her own. I always thought it was an amazing thing that this very restaurant that I worked in and people ate in was once just an idea in this woman's head. She said she always felt a sense of accomplishment because the process really does take a toll on you. So my goal is to feel something close to that sense of accomplishment and I feel that my mentor can help me get there by allowing me to accompany her on creating her own restaurant. I want to experience the fun and the hard parts of making an idea come to life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment