Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Blog 3 - First Interview Preparation




1.  Who do you plan to interview?  Why?
  • I plan to interview my mentor, Karina Reel primarily because of her genuine interest and knowledge regarding my senior topic. She has been teaching me a lot and I feel like an interview would allow me to have an even deeper understanding about points that she tries to get across to me. 
2.  Five questions will be assigned to all seniors to ask.  What additional questions do you plan to ask?  Ask open-ended questions.
My follow up questions:
  1. Why did you choose to start this restaurant in the first place, like what was your motivation?
  2. If any, what was your main fear before making the final  decision of building up this business?
  3. What types of characteristics do you feel would be most important to work on if choosing to go in to this type of business, for what reasons?
  4. What are the most important risks to analyze before starting a business how do you feel about them? 
  5. How do you feel about the obvious risks that accompany starting your own business now after analyzing more information versus when you had first started off this whole business making process?
Here are the assigned questions:
  1. I'm interested in studying the process a "business start up". What can you tell me about it?
  2. From your perspective, what could I study that would be significant to other people?
  3. Who else would you recommend I talk to?
  4. What kinds of places or activities do you recommend I do for the mentorship component?
  5. What materials should I read in this field? Who else can I interview?

No comments:

Post a Comment