Monday, January 4, 2016

Blog 12- Holiday Project Update

*Getting back to school, time to put my grr face on*


1.  It is important to consistently work on your senior project, whether it is break or we are in school.  What did you do over the break with your senior project?

I actually continued to work on my independent component during my "me times" when I wasn't spending time with my family. I got to finish up the executive summary part of my business plan although technically that is something that is saved for last, I already had a general idea of what I wanted in a restaurant, so I can just change up some parts as I continue on completing my business plan. I also got to spend some more time with my mentor, we had some brief talks about my business plan. 

2.  What was the most important thing you learned from what you did, and why?  What was the source of what you learned?

The most important thing I learned is that time and structure is everything. I had actually started off my business plan thinking I was just going write about a simple Italian restaurant but then I started thinking more about perhaps making it a bit more new, something more challenging and I started thinking about a vegan only restaurant, I started thinking about the different costs since vegetables and other vegan dietary substances do actually cost more than pastas. I also started thinking about how many people are actually interested in vegan food, I want to be able to reach a broader range of customers. How can I convince other perhaps non-vegans to give my restaurant a try? Hopefully this will be more of a challenge and so far I'm having fun with it. 

3.  Your third interview will be a 10 question interview related to possible answers for your EQ. Who do you plan to talk to and why?

I actually plan to talk to one of my friends uncles, she has two uncle's that own a Peruvian restaurant if I recall correctly, she offered to help me get an interview with them. I'm hoping since they are two restaurant owning people they can give me an honest report on what it is like for them to run their restaurant. 



No comments:

Post a Comment