Thursday, October 29, 2015

Blog 10 - Interview 2 Reflection



1. Please explain how you are spending your mentorship time (Is it at a workplace or somewhere else?  Are you shadowing?  Are you able to do tasks that are meaningfully related to the topic?  If so, what?  Are there other people who are experts in the location?  Etc...)

I'm working with my aunt on her start up process, I am getting a lot of meaningful information. Right now my aunts renting out two different houses and building a new house from the ground up, by renting these houses out she'll develop more than enough revenue to make sure she can afford the restaurant and still have enough money to fall back on. This is actually a very stressful project she's going through at this point but she continues to teach me a lot about the whole start up process, its a very personal and helpful approach to my topic for me.

2.  How did you find your mentor?  How did you convince this person to help you?  

I'm related to my mentor, trust me this hasn't affected her being hard on me when it comes to completing my task in fact I think she is even harder on me because of the fact that Im her niece. It took some convincing at first I had to explain to her what my whole project was all about and I had to promise I would slack on my work duties and assignments just because she's my aunt.

3. How would you rate your comfort level with your mentor at this point in your relationship? 

How does this relate to the time you've spent so far at mentorship/with this person?I'm very comfortable with her, I have learned a lot more about her and seen a more deep personal side,it's been a wonderful experience so far and I'm looking forward to more amazing moments with my mentor. I have been spending every other weekend with her and we have been going over restaurant updates and possible vendors and she has been helping me out on editing my business plan for my personal component.

4. What went well in this interview?  Why do you think so?  What do you still need to improve?  How do you know?  How will you go about it?

I feel as though my mentor was a lot more comfortable this time around, she seemed to have been more in to the interview and more genuine. I could tell from her tone of voice and the way she looked when she talked about her reasons fro starting a restaurant, it's a wonderful and inspirational thing watching people talk about something they love. I feel like I need to ask more in depth questions and some more follow up questions, its just that my mentor tends to add on to the question I had originally asked which is amazing and just means I need to come up with better questions. I will probably research more regarding types of interview questions.

Here is the link to the interview with my mentor:


https://soundcloud.com/michelle-985280227/interview-2-mentor












No comments:

Post a Comment