Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Blog 9 - Advisory Prep 3


 

1. State whether or not you currently have a mentor, and what the status of your interview is with that person (I have completed the interview, I have scheduled the interview, I have not scheduled the interview, etc).

Yes, I currently have a mentor and our interview is scheduled for this Saturday.


2. At this point, your research is probably guiding your studies toward more specific areas within your topic.  Name the area or two you find most promising and explain your reasons.   

My most specific areas of research would be the basic ambiance of the restaurant. By ambiance I mean lighting, vibe, waiter/waitress attitude, music, smells, colors and how these factors affect the customer. Another area would be the location of the restaurant, understanding if there's a heavy traffic flow, who is your competition, if there is enough parking and how all of these factors will contribute to the whole "make or break" factor of the restaurant. A third point of interest would be the business plan which at this point is the most important thing to have well planned out so as of now I have three areas I find most promising. 

3. What kinds of sources do you think will help you in the next month to gain more research depth?  Where will you go to get them?

I need to go back to the cal poly library because I have been researching some books online regarding the restaurant start up process and many of them seem very promising. 

4. Write down a possible EQ.  Please don't worry about wording other than ensuring that it provides the option for multiple correct answers.  At this point, the senior team is most interested in understanding your thought process.

"What is the most essential quality/process needed to ensure a successful restaurant?"

No comments:

Post a Comment