Thursday, May 5, 2016

Blog 23- Exit Interview Prep



(1) What is your essential question, and what are your answers?  What is your best answer and why?

EQ: How can a manager ensure a successful start up restaurant? 

My three answers are business planning, location and advertisement. Through my extensive research I found that advertisement is the most essential thing to do when attempting to help your start up grow. Mainly because a starter up is something that isn't exactly well known and it needs attention, the people need to know that you exist and most people aren't really in to trying new things. So if you put your restaurant out there and show those new customers an amazing time, your bound to generate an amazing audience. 

(2) What process did you take to arrive at this answer?

My process included asking my mentor a lot of questions of how she got her catering company to kick off in the first place along with that I read a lot of articles and books that supported advertisement as a main source of generating consumers. 

(3) What problems did you face?  How did you resolve them?

Problems I faced would include finding really good sources, I would find some simple sources that supported my answers but they were usually never "blew my mind sources". I asked my mentor for some help since she did more researching on this than me. 

(4) What are the two most significant sources you used to answer your essential question and why? 

These were the most significant ones because "Creating the successful business plan" included different sections of te business plan and advertisement is a section so it helped me come to the conclusion for my final answer. Same for the other source.

The two most significant sources:

The Future of Children by Princeton Bookings

"Creating the Successful Business Plan for New Ventures” create  a very strict explanation of a business plan (Hosmer, LaRue T, and Roger Guiles)




No comments:

Post a Comment